Your health is important
On January 1st each year, millions of people make New Year’s resolutions hoping to make positive changes in their life. Fitness and health are definitely recurring themes.
At Nore Women’s Health we want to challenge you to make your wellness and happiness a lifelong commitment all year long. We want you to Be Your Most®!
Not feeling your most?
At Nore we have a special interest in women in the menopause and menopause-transition age ranges.
Menopause occurs at an average age of 51 years old. Perimenopause or the menopause transition period begins earlier, usually in a woman’s 40s. Sometimes this transition can be even earlier!
Life isn’t over after menopause!
Around one-third of a woman’s life is lived after this transition. In the decade after menopause, women become more vulnerable to chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, cognitive decline, and cancer. Studies show that actions taken before or at the time of menopause can help to avoid chronic diseases in later life.
There are many common symptoms that are often present in peri-menopausal and menopausal women. These can include significant biological, cognitive, psychological, vulvovaginal, urinary, and sexual dysfunctions such as:
- Weight gain due to decreased metabolism
- Hot flashes
- Difficulty sleeping
- Decreased energy
- Decreased concentration
- Vaginal dryness
- Difficulty with intimacy
- Painful intercourse
For many women, this time in life may represent a significant challenge. It can lead to problems in relationships with family, co-workers and friends.
Our nurse practitioners and physicians at Nore can help you find the right strategies to reduce these symptoms.
After being told by my gynecologist that my symptoms were “early Alzheimer’s,” I called Nore. After, I met with Julie who actually listened to me. She identified my hosimotos was back and out of control! A few prescriptions later I am a new person! Be your own patient advocate. Find a provider who actually hears what you are saying!! Struggling with symptoms…Call them. Brain fog… call them. Hot flashes…call them!! They can help you. Great office!
— Kim E.
Prevention is the key to wellness!
Women are known for putting others before themselves and at times neglecting their health and wellness. Making changes to your health in your 20s and 30s before the onset of perimenopause is very important. Being proactive with your health has many benefits. You are important!
Providers at Nore encourage routine annual wellness screening visits, especially in the age ranges of 40-65. We are here to educate you on how to reduce your risk factors, discuss the timing of treatments and order recommended screening tests.
At Nore we recommend, the following:
- eat a balanced, healthy diet, and maintain a healthy weight
- keep yourself active and exercise most days of the week, even if it’s only a few minutes
- lower stress levels
- try to achieve a good work-life balance
- take time to rest and get adequate sleep
- maintain healthy relationships and intimacy
- stop smoking and keep alcohol intake to a low or moderate level
- do mentally stimulating activities
- take time to do things you love
- see your provider annually for a wellness visit
- get any recommended screening tests and/or vaccinations
Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
The providers at Nore Women’s Health are here to help and listen. In addition to all the counseling and testing we offer for screening, we can help with managing and treating certain conditions and preventing others. You are not the only one suffering from these symptoms!
Some of the services we offer target the following:
- Menopause symptom management – including hormone replacement therapy, non-hormonal therapy, vaginal atrophy and dryness treatments, and sexual dysfunction counseling, treatment and referral to special physical therapists as needed.
- Osteoporosis screening and management
- Depression and anxiety screening, treatment and referrals
- Breast cancer survivor counseling and management of gynecological concerns
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and management
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Weight loss management and referral to a nutritionist
- Counseling on maintaining healthy relationships and intimacy
- Recommendations for exercise or referral to a trainer or physical therapy
- Annual wellness exams and screening tests
How can I get support from Nore Women’s Health?
We are ready to discuss your individual wellness goals and initiate a healthy plan whenever you are.
Don’t wait! Through May 31st, Nore is offering a special discount to get you started on your path to wellness: $100 off treatments over $500.
Call us at (678) 802-8665 to set up a private consultation to help you Be Your Most!