Declines in vaginal health can occur in women of all ages for various reasons. A healthy sex life is good for overall health, and declines in sexual function can be frustrating and challenging to navigate. Whether you’re experiencing vaginal issues related to menopause, childbirth, or medical issues, vaginal rejuvenation may be all that you need to get back to feeling your best.
Vaginal Changes that May Occur After Childbirth
It’s no secret that your body will change immensely after having children. Some changes are manageable and temporary, while others may have a permanent effect on your life. If you experience permanent changes in your sexual health after having children, it may be time to consider a vaginal rejuvenation procedure to help. Many women experience a loss in vaginal muscle tone due to stretching while giving birth. If the birth of your child resulted in medical interventions such as forceps delivery, episiotomy, or severe tearing, this could cause damage to the nerves surrounding the vagina, leading to a loss of sensation that can affect libido.
The hormonal changes that come with pregnancy and childbirth can also lead to changes in a woman’s sex life. Many women experience vaginal dryness during the postpartum stages of pregnancy as their hormones balance back out. Some women only experience these issues temporarily, while others may experience a longer-term effect on their hormonal health. It is also common to deal with vaginal dryness and a decrease in libido when breastfeeding your child.
All women should take steps to properly recover from childbirth and slowly return to their prior activity level to avoid long-term hormonal and sexual issues.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is a term used to refer to various procedures that can help restore vaginal health. Women who utilize vaginal rejuvenation may be experiencing vaginal dryness, a loss in tightness, or pain during sex. Vaginal rejuvenation may be invasive or non-invasive. Some examples of vaginal rejuvenation procedures include the following:
- MonaLisa Touch: This laser treatment can help with vaginal atrophy, which can occur due to decreased estrogen levels. This procedure might help with vaginal dryness and typically involves three treatments in total.
- ThermaVi: Using radiofrequency heat, this vaginal rejuvenation procedure helps to stimulate collagen production and blood flow. The result of this treatment is tighter tissue in and around the vagina. To maintain results, it is recommended that women undergo treatment every 9 to 12 months.
- O-Shot: The O-Shot is a procedure that can benefit anyone experiencing a loss of vaginal sensation. If you choose to have this procedure, you will first draw your blood. From there, plasma will be extracted from your blood and then injected back into your body near your clitoris and upper vagina. This process stimulates the production of collagen, stem cells and increases blood flow to help improve libido and increase sensation.
Depending on your unique situation, your doctor can help you decide which type of vaginal rejuvenation procedure is best for you.
Benefits of Vaginal Rejuvenation
The benefits of vaginal rejuvenation will vary from person to person and will depend on the type of procedure you undergo. Most vaginal rejuvenation procedures aim to increase the blood flow in and around the vagina and stimulate collagen production to tighten and tone the muscles surrounding the vagina and improve lubrication. This can be helpful for anyone who is suffering from vaginal dryness, loss of sensation, or a loss of tone. Some women turn to vaginal rejuvenation for cosmetic purposes, while others use it in a desperate attempt to get their sex life back. This variety of procedures can help women of all ages and backgrounds feel confident and youthful again.
How Vaginal Rejuvenation Helps Restore Your Sex Life
Changes in your sex life can have a serious impact on your overall quality of life. Reduction in libido can occur due to hormonal changes, painful intercourse, a lack of sensation, or vaginal laxity (a decrease in the muscle tone of the vagina and pelvic floor). You may not experience changes in your sexual health until later in life when going through menopause, or these issues can arise at an earlier age due to having children.
Vaginal rejuvenation procedures can help women who suffer from all types of issues that affect their sex life.
- If you’ve recently had a baby and are experiencing a decreased libido from hormonal changes, vaginal rejuvenation may be a helpful way to increase lubrication and tone of the vaginal muscles.
- Some women experience a loss of sensation following traumatic childbirth, leading to nerve damage around the vagina. In this case, vaginal rejuvenation may be an effective way to help improve the blood flow and circulation in and around the vagina to increase sensation and restore the libido.
- Undergoing any form of hormonal therapy can have a negative effect on sex life since it may lead to reductions in estrogen levels and overall hormonal imbalance. If you’re struggling with a decrease in sex drive due to hormonal issues that arose during medical treatment, vaginal rejuvenation may be a helpful solution.
If you’re experiencing ongoing sexual issues resulting from your vaginal health, there is likely a vaginal rejuvenation procedure that can help you.
Nore Women’s Health – Helping Women Feel Their Best
At Nore Health, we are happy to offer a variety of different vaginal rejuvenation procedures and hormonal and vitamin therapies that help women bounce back from hormonal changes. We recognize that poor sexual health can have a negative effect on every aspect of a woman’s health. By offering a variety of modern treatments, we can help women get back to feeling balanced, confident, and happy. From vaginal rejuvenation procedures to wellness exams, we are happy to serve women of all ages on their journey to wellness. Schedule a consultation today.