Supplements help your body function and perform its best. If you aren't getting enough of certain vitamins and minerals, you likely feel tired, have difficulty concentrating, and feel overall run down. This can have a significant impact on your health and quality of life.
Do you struggle to get the supplements you need orally? IV therapy can be an easier way to take in what you need. Myers’ cocktail iv benefits are numerous, and many people notice minor and major changes in overall health.
Fill In The Gaps
Give your body the supplements it's craving with easy, efficient treatments. Improve your mood and level of fatigue without having to remember to take supplements daily. Myers' cocktail infusion provides the pick-me-up you may be searching for.
Myers' cocktail is a single infusion with many vitamins and minerals. Deliver supplements to your body without the handfuls of pills. You can simply come into the office and receive an affordable weekly or bi-weekly infusion.
What is a Myers' Cocktail
A Myers' cocktail is a micronutrition intravenous therapy (IVMT). It's a mix of vitamins and minerals delivered straight to your bloodstream through an IV line. Dr. John Myers, MD, developed the solution in the 1970s to treat several chronic conditions. Myers’ cocktail ingredients help you find relief and restore your health. The yellow-colored infusion takes anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to infuse, making it a simple solution even for the busiest lifestyles.
What in a Myers' Cocktail
The cocktail is a mix of several essential vitamins and minerals in a normal saline solution. A Myers' cocktail ingredients include B vitamins (including B12), vitamin C, magnesium, and calcium. Some versions of the cocktail have more supplements.
- Magnesium helps keep muscles and nerves working properly. It also helps maintain appropriate blood sugar and blood pressure levels. When the body doesn't have enough magnesium, you can have nausea, vomiting, and muscle weakness. In extreme cases, you can have tingling, numbness, seizures, and an impaired heart rhythm.
- Calcium helps our blood clot and supports our bone integrity. Most importantly, it supports muscle and heart function. Without necessary calcium, the heart can have abnormal rhythms, and muscles can have aches and cramps. Over a long period, bones become more prone to breaking.
- B vitamins are key players in many of the body's processes. They increase your cell and brain function and boost your energy levels. They also help your cells work properly and aid in the production of hormones. Without enough B vitamins, your skin integrity, digestion, and cell production suffer.
- Vitamin C is antioxidant and necessary for tissue growth and repair. It's also a factor in wound healing and keeping up your immune system.
If you can eat well or take vitamins, then why get a Myers' cocktail infusion?
It may seem odd to get an infusion of vitamins and minerals that you could also get from eating certain foods. However, IV therapy does have many benefits that you simply don’t get from oral consumption.
There are three main reasons:
- Not everyone who takes supplements orally gets their benefits. A healthy individual can get the nutrition they need from a balanced diet. However, many people can't get the nutrients they need. This can be from not eating enough nutrients or from chronic conditions. Even if you eat a balanced diet, some chronic conditions send essential nutrients straight through the system, wasting them instead of absorbing them. IV therapy benefits a person by sending the nutrients straight into the bloodstream.
- You absorb more through IV therapy. When you take a supplement by mouth, the body only absorbs around 50%. The rest is wasted. But when you take supplements via IV, the body can absorb up to 90% of the nutrients.
- You absorb supplements faster through IV therapy. When supplements enter the body through the mouth, they need to be broken down and processed before they make it to the bloodstream. Supplements immediately get to the bloodstream when given through an IV.
What is a Myers' cocktail used for?
Not only does Myers' Cocktail give you an overall health boost, but it can also be used to treat certain medical conditions. This can be life-changing for patients, especially those that have tried other options without any relief.
The Myers' cocktail has been used to treat:
- Fatigue, acute and chronic. Vitamin deficiency is a common contributor to fatigue.
- Migraines. Magnesium, alone or in an IVMT, has been widely used to relieve migraine symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia. The pain from fibromyalgia is often compared to that of exercising pain. Calcium and magnesium help oxygen get to cells more efficiently, which may relax the muscles.
- Chronic and seasonal rhinitis. Many components of IVMT are anti-inflammatory, which can help reduce runny nose and congestion.
- Acute muscle spasms. Calcium and magnesium are heavily involved in muscle contractions. Administering the two has been used to help with spasms.
- Athletic recovery. After the cellular burden of heavy activity, the body craves vitamins, minerals, and fluids to replenish its supply.
Depressed and anxious moods. The body relies on vitamins and minerals to make the hormones needed to promote balanced moods.
How Safe Is It?
If you aren't familiar with Myers' cocktail therapy, then you may be curious about how safe it is. The infusion is made of vitamins and minerals that pose very few side effects for most people. However, it's important to note that some of the ingredients, such as magnesium, can cause some side effects.
For example, if magnesium is administered too quickly, it can make you feel lightheaded. It's important to receive infusions from a professional medical provider to ensure that the therapy is given properly.
Patients can experience pain, swelling, and infection near the injection site, so it's important to let your doctor know about any changes that you experience following the therapy.
If you use some medications, such as Dioxin, then you should not undergo this treatment. Remember to consult with your doctor about your medical history to ensure that this is a safe option for you.
Feel Better Sooner
Fatigue, mood disorders, and chronic conditions are heavy burdens to carry day-to-day. The fatigue you're experiencing could be your body signaling a vitamin and mineral deficiency. Give your body the nutrients it's asking for. Talk to your doctor about integrating IVMT into your holistic care.
Get your energy back--and sooner! The best time to improve your quality of life is now. At Nore Women's Health, we're ready to support you and ease your journey to and through health. Contact us today to learn more about Myers' Cocktail Therapy and if it is the right option for you.
Studies on its effectiveness are limited. However, this is the case with many vitamins and minerals. Generally, the literature reflects professionally administered IVMT as safe. Commonly reported Myers’ cocktail benefits are improved mood, increased energy, and a decrease in negative symptoms from chronic conditions.
IVMT, as with many IV therapies, needs to be given in a clean environment by trained professionals. It also needs to be given slowly, and with some supervision. This helps avoid a blood pressure crash from the magnesium, a fluid overload from the fluid volume, or a possible allergic reaction.
Dr. Myers originally used the cocktail for a wide variety of health problems. Studies today generally suggest that IVMT is most helpful for fibromyalgia, chronic depression and anxiety, allergic rhinitis, asthma, migraines, fatigue, and vitamin deficiency.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're a different kind of medical practice. We take the time to listen and develop a treatment plan specific to your age-related needs. Have a question or want to request an appointment? Give us a call or complete the form.